By Sharon S. Atkins
The P.E.O. Founders’ Scrapbook, packed with ephemera resembling letters, photographs, newspaper and magazine articles or even a tune ranking, permits the reader to peek into the lives of the seven founders of P.E.O.: Mary Allen, Alice chicken, Hattie Briggs, Alice Coffin, Suela Pearson, Franc Roads and Ella Stewart in addition to their descendants and relations.
Encounter what their existence was once like sooner than, in the course of and after the formation of The P.E.O. Sisterhood. become aware of the influence their lives had upon their households, the groups the place they lived and the area round them.
Explore, in a manner by no means ahead of offered, how those girls exemplified the “pioneering spirit” in their era.
Follow the adventures within the P.E.O. Founders’ Scrapbook to discover the solutions to those questions:
• Which founder has ancestors nonetheless deeply concerned with Iowa Wesleyan?
• Which one used to be published from her educating place after decades with a faculty district?
• Which one wrote lyrics to a song?
• Who had relations connections to the Underground Railway?
• Whose husband ran a crusade vying for the workplace of Governor of Iowa?
• Which founder’s kids have been raised through an uncle and aunt?
• Whose identify could have been “misspelled’ for years?
Author Sharon S. Atkins has compiled the authoritative consultant to the lives of the founders of P.E.O. together with lifestyles occasion timelines, genealogy charts, and resource citations for the family tree examine curious about growing The P.E.O. Founders’ Scrapbook.