By Julie Steele,Noah Iliinsky
Visualization is the photograph presentation of information -- portrayals intended to bare advanced info at a look. consider the normal map of the recent York urban subway method, or a diagram of the human mind. profitable visualizations are attractive not just for his or her aesthetic layout, but in addition for based layers of aspect that successfully generate perception and new understanding.
This publication examines the tools of 2 dozen visualization specialists who strategy their initiatives from a number of views -- as artists, designers, commentators, scientists, analysts, statisticians, and extra. jointly they exhibit how visualization can assist us make feel of the world.
- Explore the significance of storytelling with an easy visualization exercise
- Learn how colour conveys info that our brains realize ahead of we are absolutely conscious of it
- Discover how the books we purchase and the folk we go along with demonstrate clues to our deeper selves
- Recognize a style to the insanity of air trip with a visualization of civilian air traffic
- Find out how researchers examine unknown phenomena, from preliminary sketches to released papers
Nick Bilton,Michael E. Driscoll,Jonathan Feinberg,Danyel Fisher,Jessica Hagy,Gregor Hochmuth,Todd Holloway,Noah Iliinsky,Eddie Jabbour,Valdean Klump,Aaron Koblin,Robert Kosara,Valdis Krebs,JoAnn Kuchera-Morin et al.,Andrew Odewahn,Adam Perer,Anders Persson,Maximilian Schich,Matthias Shapiro,Julie Steele,Moritz Stefaner,Jer Thorp,Fernanda Viegas,Martin Wattenberg,and Michael Young.
Read Online or Download Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data through the Eyes of Experts PDF
Similar aesthetics books
This ebook offers a longer discussion in essay shape among experts within the paintings of Moses Mendelssohn, and specialists in vital traits in similar late-seventeenth and eighteenth century suggestion. The first staff of individuals explores issues in Mendelssohn’s metaphysics and aesthetics, providing either their inner argumentative coherence and their ancient context.
What's it to be a piece of artwork? well known writer and critic Arthur C. Danto addresses this primary, complicated query. half philosophical monograph and half memoiristic meditation, What artwork Is demanding situations the preferred interpretation that artwork is an indefinable idea, in its place bringing to gentle the homes that represent common which means.
This booklet serves as research of the aesthetics of materiality within the multifaceted paintings of Antonin Artaud, one in every of Twentieth-Century France's such a lot provocative and influential figures, spanning literature, functionality, paintings, cinema, media and demanding theory.
- Action, Art, History: Engagements with Arthur C. Danto (Columbia Themes in Philosophy)
- Things Merely Are: Philosophy in the Poetry of Wallace Stevens
- Philosophers on Art from Kant to the Postmodernists: A Critical Reader
- Body Consciousness: A Philosophy of Mindfulness and Somaesthetics
- Contemporary Art and Classical Myth
- The Kantian Sublime: From Morality to Art (Oxford Philosophical Monographs)
Additional resources for Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data through the Eyes of Experts
Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data through the Eyes of Experts by Julie Steele,Noah Iliinsky